Wednesday, August 9, 2017

AJ Username Embellished Letter Art Contest!

Me: Hey guys!
You Guys: WHAT are you DOING?? It's 11:23 PM! This is barely even a Tuesday post!
Me: I knowwwwww... but I hope it'll be worth it when you see what I've been working on all day! *bounces up and down excitedly* 
You Guys: We'll see.... *crosses arms, drums fingers*
Me: It's really worth it. 😁 IT IS!

It is...

IT IS....

EMBELLISHED LETTER ART! 😄😄😄



This is a sampler, showing every letter, and all 26 different prints of letters I'm going to be offering!

(This seriously took a LOT of time. Seriously.)



Sorry for the bad quality, heehee. *scratches back of neck nervously* It's the best camera I had on hand (AKA my iPad). Zooming in clears it up a lot, though.

The idea of this is, I'll be making works that aren't just art, they'll be WORDS! Everyone knows a picture is worth a thousand words... so how special must it be if you have both? 😋

The way YOU can enter this special contest is, submit a comment down below stating your username, the print you'd like the username to be drawn in (Quill, Eyeballs!!, Kelp, etc.), and your favorite Animal Jam minigame!

A sample comment would look like this, I think:

"Hi, I'm entering the contest!
Thisismyuser,
Yarntangled,
Best Dressed!"

ONE person who has submitted a commission BEFORE 8/15/17 (that is, before my post next week) will be chosen at random to receive a username commission from yours truly. *silly bow*



I do realize this isn't very Animal Jam-related, and I regret that. The fact is, I was working so hard on getting this finished in time for you guys, I neglected to think of any backup plan or other ideas. This was an unfortunate mistake, which resulted in the odd request for you to include your favorite Animal Jam minigame for no reason whatsoever.

(Man, I'm pessimistic. I need to quit reading Lemony Snicket books. Though wow, his writing style is captivating!) [Note: Ignore the tangent, please. It's 12:13 now. 😴 Writing is slow.]

I really, reeeeeeeally hope you like this post and enter the contest! 😊 

Until next week (which will hopefully have less intricate artwork and more of an actual POST), goodbye! 😆

PEACE, LOVE, NINJAS!



(DXplorergirl)

25 comments:

  1. Those are so cool! Definitely entering!

    Kraft
    Robotix (because steampunk)
    Aaaaand my favourite minigame is Pill bugs...

    I used to collect pill bugs when I was about four and build them homes... Fun fact of the day XD

    -Kraft

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kraft! CX

      Not AJkraft? o.o C: Okay!
      YES GIMME ALL THE STEAMPUNK
      Wait, they've got Pill Bugs out on computer AJ? I only know of the pinball-like version on Play Wild -- though that totally works for the submission! XD I'm just curious.

      Awwwwwwwwe, that's so cute! CX

      (DXplorergirl)

      Delete
  2. Yay even I do this, not as good as you but :P
    Username: Nafaria8
    The style you did on letter "J" (jester)
    Favorite game: Falling Phantoms

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooooh, really? :o :D I would LOAF to see some!

      Thanks for entering!

      (DXplorergirl)

      Delete
    2. Huh.. Pill bugs has been on regular AJ for years. I used to play it back in 2012 when I first joined o.O

      By the way Kara, just want to ask something about the t-shirts you're making with your art on, including some of the blogger portraits. Please could you not use any that have me on them?(I think rn there's only one Blogger portrait with me in) I know it might sound strange, but I have particular reasons I'd rather not be on a shirt design. Sorry if this causes any issues.

      -Kraft

      Delete
  3. I would like to enter
    User: Violet86271
    Pattern: Vines and rope circlying around letters
    Fav game: Hmmmmm, does the plushie claw count? If not maybe best dressed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't quite understand... do you mean both of the patterns on T and Y (Target Garden and Yarntangled)?

      Thanks for submitting an entry!

      (DXplorergirl)

      Delete
  4. Wow! This is so awesome! Great Job! I'll enter the contest!

    Username: Transions
    Style: Dragonscale
    Minigame: Overflow

    Thank you! Have a great day! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Someone likes Dragonscale! XD XD I was worried it looked like a pineapple rind. o.O

      Thanks for filling out a submission!

      (DXplorergirl)

      Delete
  5. THAT IS SO AWESOME KARA :o

    Sarahkey8
    style: uh uhhhhhhhhhhh BANANAS :D
    minigame: hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm jamaa derby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU SARAH XD

      Ummmm, I don't wanna disqualify you (that'd seem really mean), but Bananas is not a pattern listed... could you please list a valid pattern? CX I need to know for if you're picked by the Randomizer--thingie-- whatchyacallit!

      (DXplorergirl)

      Delete
    2. Nasturtium? C: Got it! ;)

      (DXplorergirl)

      Delete
  6. OHHH
    MYYY
    GOSHHH

    EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THOSE LETTERS IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! :O
    Okay, I'm totally entering!!!

    Username: Swirlshine
    Style: Nasturtium (goodness they're all so amazing that I had to study each one carefully XD!)
    Favorite Minigame: Best Dressed

    These styles are seriously all so epic!!! I hope I win, because this is an awesome idea! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK
      YOU
      SWIIIIIRL

      I'm so happy you like them! CX

      Nasturtium seems to be a very popular pattern.

      There may be more contests in the future, so you don't need to win THIS contest to get one!

      (DXplorergirl)

      Delete
  7. User: Ja983
    Style: Vixen. Dragon Scale.
    Favorite Mini-game:

    Thanks for doing this Kara!
    All those letters look super cool! :D
    *Husky Ninja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Therrrrrrre's no mini-game listed? XD And thank you!

      (DXplorergirl)

      Delete
  8. OMG awesome! im entering

    user: penelopeiscute
    style: jester
    game: best dressed or fast foodies XDD

    and what lemony snickets do you read? i'm reading a series of unfortunate events and its awesome XDDD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All The Wrong Questions. Is his writing style always like that? It's like he's telling a story backwards and forwards, with pseudo-flashbacks, but it's STILL two parallel storylines happening at the same time! o.O *mind explodes* The man has a kind of twisted genius -- I've never been so confused in all my life!! XDDDDD

      Delete
  9. O.O
    Those. Are. AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
    USERNAMESNOWLONDONPATTERNNASTURTIUMFAVGAMEBESTDRESSED

    Sorry, I'm just so amazed by that art. :)
    A slightly more calm version:

    My username is: Snowlondon
    I would love the nasturtium,
    And my favourite game is Best Dressed!

    -Snowlondon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O.O
      Glad. You. LIKE THEMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!
      XD OKAYYOUAREOFFICIALLYENTEREDINTOTHECONTESTANDWOWNASTURTIUMSEEMSREALLYPOPULAR

      I like Best Dressed too! XD

      (DXplorergirl)

      Delete
  10. Sounds cool! I think there are websites that have things to turn handwriting into your own custom font... dunno if you're using that ,but it might be helpful to make your fonts, well, fonts so that you don't have to draw the same letters over and over again! Just an idea :)


    Crazcatlover
    Vixen
    Gem Breaker (especially the AJPW version even though I no longer have AJPW...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not using a font website, but I'm saving my files on Adobe Draw so that I can copy them to my Clipboard and paste them again, so the same effect is reached. To be able to type with my letters sounds amazing, though! O.O

      (DXplorergirl)

      Delete
  11. Heyo Kara! I would like to enter your giveaway XD!

    Username: Graciepopstar91
    Style: Kelp
    Game: Best Dressed

    Remember, God made YOU!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got it! CX Kelp is a favorite print of mine, too.

      (DXplorergirl)

      Delete

Hey there! Thank you for choosing to comment on AJFC! Before you comment, please read and follow these rules.
1. No inappropriate comments.
2. No foul language.
3. No spam/constant advertising.
4. Please do not spark any drama. Animal Jam is mean't to be a fun place.
5. No personal information.
6. If you choose to comment under anonymous, please state who you are (your username, what your online friends call you, etc.)
7. Enjoy your stay!

Thank you!
-Graciepopstar91